The club 5k handicap is a monthly competition based on member’s performances at a parkrun.
Each person is allocated a handicap based on previous performance at the parkrun of their choice.
It is a free competition, open to all members and which you can join in at any point during the year. However you do need to register to take part.
The 5k handicap is organised and managed by Ian Bond (email@example.com)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-11 (PDF) < LATEST RESULTS
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-10 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-09 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-08 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-07 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-06 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-05 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-04 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results – 2017-03 (AMENDED) (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results 2017-03 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results 2017-02 (PDF)
- 5k Handicap Results 2017-01 (PDF)
- You get points for competing in a parkrun of your choosing on the first Saturday of each month (For 2017 your best 9 performances out of the 12 months will count).
- Whichever parkrun you choose, you must have taken part in it at least three times. This is so as to try and give everyone as fair a handicap as possible, so we would expect that on at least one of those three runs you were trying quite hard.
- Your baseline handicap is your best age graded score at your chosen parkrun (For 2017 this will be based on your age graded as of 3rd December 2016.) You keep this same handicap for the whole year, even if you set new pbs.
- Points are allocated depending on how well you do against your age graded compared to how well everyone else does against their age graded on that day (eg if you are two minutes down but everyone else is more than two minutes down, you get the 100 points)
If you would like to take part in the competition for 2017 and haven’t done so already then you just need to contact Ian Bond with your name and which parkrun you want to take part at.