The Quakers Running Club 10K Leagues are a club wide competition, in which runners are put into leagues with people of similar ability over the 10K distance, based on their best performance in a qualifying race over the course of the last year.
There are a variety of different races spread across the year. Points are scored on a ‘first past the post’ system, with the first runner scoring the most points, and the winner of each league will be the person with the most points at the end of the year.
The leagues are organised and managed by Rob Dent (email@example.com)
League Table Updates
2019 10K League Races
- Mermaid – 19 April 2019
- Kirkbymoorside – 5 May 2019
- Fountains – 19 May 2019
- Melmerby – 26 May 2019
- Aycliffe – 16 June 2019 (provisional)
- Staveley – 23 June 2019
- Croft – 3 July 2019 (provisional)
- Burton Leonard – 14 July 2019
- Darlington – 11 August 2019 (provisional)
- Scorton – 18 August 2019
- Middlesbrough – 1 September 2019 (provisional)
- Snape – 21 September 2019
- Wynyard – 29 September 2019 (provisional)
- Richmond – 13 October 2019 (provisional)
- Heaton – 10 November 2019
- Ravenstonedale – 30 November 2019
Provisional races subject to change until official date is confirmed.
- All participants must be Quakers Running Club members and have entered the race as a Quaker (discretion will initially be given to new members).
- To qualify for a place in a league, you must have run in at least three of last year’s 10K League races. Your best time will be used as your qualifying time for the 2019 series. This gives a better idea of a fair qualifying time, so that you can be placed in a league to match your ability. In order to restrict late entrants, and thus potentially changing points already allocated retrospectively later in the year, a member must have completed their three qualifying races by the end of the sixth race in the series, for admission to a league. There will be no admissions to a league after race six. For instance, if you ran less than three of last year’s league races in 2018, as long as you complete your third qualifying 10K League race by the end of race six, you will be entered into a league accordingly.
- Your 10 highest scores (excluding bonus points which are added separately – see rule 6) count towards your total. For example, if you do 12 of this year’s races, then your 11th and 12th highest scores (i.e. your two lowest ones) will not be counted in your final total. When it comes to discarding scores, if there are two or more the same, the one with the slowest time is discarded first.
- To be eligible for a prize you must complete a minimum of six races. Where no-one in a league completes six races, the league will be awarded to the member with the most points.
- Each runner has ONE Joker which can be used only once during the year. The Joker will double your points for your nominated race. To use your Joker in a race, you must inform the 10K League Officer no later than midnight of the day prior to the race. Rob Dent is currently the 10K League Officer, and can be notified by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook. No nominations will be accepted on the day of a league race. If a Joker is not nominated, it will be forfeited at the end of the year.
- A bonus point will be awarded each time a member beats their qualification time. Any bonus points are not doubled when the Joker is played. As per rule 3, a bonus point is not counted towards your score should it be achieved in one of your races which is not part of your best ten.
- In the event of two runners recording the same time, they will be allocated the same points (for example, if there are ten runners in a league and the two quickest record the same time, the points distributed would be 10,10, 8 as opposed to 10, 9, 8).
- In the event of a league ending in a tie for first place, there will no countback rule, therefore prizes will be given to both or more winners.
Please do remember that the leagues are intended to be fun, and to give members the opportunity to meet and compete against other members of a similar ability.