QUAKERS RUNNING CLUB
This is the constitution of the club, as set out at an EGM on Tuesday May 5th 2015 and agreed upon by majority vote, as laid out in the previous constitution.
The club will be called Quakers Running Club and will be affiliated to the England Athletics.
2. Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Running.
- To promote the club within the local community and Running.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
3. Club Equity Statement
This club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport England definition of sports equity:
- Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them.
- It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment. Membership should consist of officers and members of the club. All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
• Full member.
• Associate member.
• Life member.
5. Membership fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid annually.
6. Officers of the club
The officers of the club will be:
• Honorary Chair.
• Membership Secretary.
• Web Administrator.
• Team Captains.
• Club Statistician.
• Race Development Committee.
• Social Committee.
• Club Competition Officers.
• Press Officer.
• Coaching Coordinator.
• Any other relevant position.
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- Honorary Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than two times per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be: Two.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on: 28 March.
An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer
at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the
Treasurer plus one other member of the Management Committee.
9. Annual General Meetings
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The quorum for AGMs will be 30.
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM. An EGM may also be called upon the written request of at least ten members, or 25% of the membership, whichever is the least.
10. Discipline and appeals
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 14 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 14 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of some other club with similar objectives to those of the club, or a Registered Charity agreed upon by the elected officers on the club.
11. Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
Quakers Running Club hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.