29 July 2018 – James Herriot Trail
9 Quakers took part in the challenging trail race near Castle Bolton in Wensleydale.
Marc Ellis took 50 club championship points in a age adjusted time of 00:56:18, Rob Dent finished in 01:04:37 taking 49 points and Phil Rutter finished in 01:05:52.
19 August 2018 – Scorton Feast Memorial
Quakers had a great turnout at the Scorton Feast Memorial 10k with 13 runners completing the event. It is a lovely multi terrain race around Scorton Lakes which raises money for ovarian cancer.
Marc Ellis ran fantastically completing the race in an age adjusted time of 33:58, finishing 3rd overall taking 50 club championship points. Stuart Hardcastle took 49 points in 38:02 and Dawn Richardson finished in 38:40 taking 48 points.
Great running by all who took part!
The upcoming Club Championship Races for the rest of September 2018 are:
- 03/09/2018 – Quaker Mile – Eastbourne Track – Free entry on the night.
- 05/09/2018 – Autumn Coast Ride (5km) – event full.
- 09/09/2018 – Vale of York Half Marathon -Entries are still open at: https://racebest.com/races/qtuy4/enter
- 22/09/2018 – Snape 10km (Trail Race) – Paper entry form can be downloaded here: https://www.runningdiary.co.uk/view/21066 – Entries are also open on the day.
- 23/09/2018 – Thirsk Relays
- 30/09/2018 – Redcar Half Marathon
The latest Club Championship table, and details of all races can be found on the Club Championship page. Please look and book now to avoid disappointment.
Finally, I am open to suggestions for different races to go into the 2019 Club Championship. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions. Thanks.